(In a dorky lawyer kinda way).
While that’s going down, let me catch you up with some other recent HR-compliance nuggets:
- Speaking of social media at work. Facebook has a new social networking site for folks to use at work. It’s called “Workplace by Facebook.” More on that here.
- Keep calm and carry on. The 21 states that brought the lawsuit in Texas to stop the DOL overtime rules have filed an emergency motion seeking to enjoin the rules. Do I think it will succeed? Hmmm…
- And while you plan for the new OT rules…Check out this story and this story from SHRM about they may impact your workplace.
- Seriously?!? The Associate General Counsel for the National Labor Relations Board has issued an advice memorandum in which concluded that Northwestern University maintained overly broad rules, which chilled its college football team — referred to as employees — from discussing football and the school.
- Next time, stick with Beethoven. A dishwasher was fired from a Texas restaurant for playing N.W.A.’s ‘F— Tha Police’ really loudly while a policeman ate there. More on that story here.
Have a great weekend, everyone!