Anyone else need a day off from being bombarded with lawyers talking about the Department of Labor’s new overtime rules?
I feel ya!
We’ll take it light today. Recently, the folks at Glassdoor compiled its annual list of the Top 10 Oddball Interview Questions. Actually, it’s a top 10 for 6 different countries (60 total). I did the heavy lifting for you and pulled out the top 6.
(10 would be asking a lot).
For each question, I will provide my very best, spontaneous interview answer:
- (USA) “Would you rather fight 1 horse-sized duck, or 100 duck-sized horses?” “I hate to answer a question with a question, but Mallard or what the heck is wrong with you?”
- (USA) “What would the name of your debut album be?” “Whistleblower.”
- (Canada) “If you could sit next to one person on a transcontinental flight, who would it be?” “My wife.” (awwwwwwwww)
- (UK) “Which magic power would you like to have?” “Mind control. Like in Issue #6 of Astonishing X-Men, when — uh, just mind control.”
- (France) “What would you do with € 200,000?” “Travel back in time and bet it on Leicester City to win the English Premier League.”
- (USA) “What would you do if you found a penguin in the freezer?” “Challenge him to a duel at 10 paces.”
What is the strangest interview questions you’ve ever been asked?