Before I make with the ‘haha,’ allow me to share some survey results that will have you shaking your damn head:
- 1 in 4 of workers polled admitted that they come to work late at least once per month;
- about 12 percent show up late at least once per week; and
- of those who show up late, most are 18-34 (38%) and live in the West (30%)
Regarding excuses for being late, most blamed traffic (51 percent), followed by oversleeping (31 percent), bad weather (28 percent), too tired to get out of bed (23 percent) and forgetting something (13 percent).
If you’re going to be late, I say go big or go home with the excuse. In terms of ‘big,’ here are eight ‘explanations’ from the survey that made the #PhillySpecial seem ‘meh’:
- It’s too cold to work.
- I had morning sickness (it was a man).
- My coffee was too hot, and I couldn’t leave until it cooled off.
- An astrologer warned me of a car accident on a major highway, so I took all backroads, making me an hour late.
- My dog ate my work schedule.
- I was here, but I fell asleep in the parking lot.
- My fake eyelashes were stuck together.
- Although it has been five years, I forgot I did not work at my former employer’s location and drove there on accident.
I suspect that some of you have heard better. Heck, I know that you have.
Pretty please, drop me a line and let me know the best excuse for being late to work that you’ve ever heard from one of your employees.