Folks, if I were on a deserted island with no wi-fi, but just enough battery power and 4G LTE signal to stream one compliance webinar — welcome to deserted dork island — I’m tuning in to EEOC’s New Resource on Leave as an ADA Reasonable Accommodation: A Closer Look with EEOC Commissioner Chai Feldblum.
Commissioner Feldblum is an authority on Americans with Disabilities Act issues. Her co-presenter, Jeff Nowak, has encyclopedic knowledge of the Family and Medical Leave Act. He’s like the Barry Bonds of FMLA, except without the steroids — allegedly.
I can’t say enough about this — and I’m not even getting paid to shill. On June 23, they are going to cover:
- At what point must an employer consider leave as a reasonable accommodation?
- What information can an employer obtain to support a request for leave?
- How should employers structure their paid leave and related policies?
- Can an employer maintain an “automatic termination” policy?
- At what point is an employer required to reassign an employee to another position?
- How many extensions of leave must an employer provide?
The webinar is free. And you can register here.