On the heels of the excuses we’ve been hearing this week from meteorologists on the east coast about the transformation of Snowmageddon to #Snowperbole…
— well, at least one weatherperson owned it —
…What better way to end the week than with a list of creative excuses; namely, CareerBuilder.com’s top 10 from its recent Most Bizarre Late-to-Work Excuses survey. While “I got jammed up at a pajama-jammy-jam” didn’t make the list, here’s what did:
- I knocked myself out in the shower.
- I was drunk and forgot which Waffle House I parked my car next to.
- I discovered my spouse was having an affair, so I followed him this morning to find out who he was having an affair with.
- Someone robbed the gas station I was at, and I didn’t have enough gas to get to another station.
- I had to wait for the judge to set my bail.
- There was a stranger sleeping in my car.
- A deer herd that was moving through town made me late.
- I’m not late. I was thinking about work on the way in.
- I dreamed that I got fired.
- I went out to my car to drive to work, and the trunk had been stolen out of it.
What’s the best late-for-work excuse you’ve heard from one of your employees? And who ya got Sunday in the Super Bowl? Let me know in the comments below…
Have a nice weekend.