After two days of organized-labor-themed oxygen-sucking blog posts, I’m gonna lighten it up today, with some holiday co-worker gift-giving ideas for you.
Taking my cue from CareerBuilder’s 2014 list of the most unusual holiday gifts exchanged in the workplace, please consider nixing these from your list:
- A box of Hot Pockets®.
- A chess piece (just one piece, not a set).
- A fire extinguisher.
- A voucher for a free lawn game of the co-worker’s own invention.
- A turquoise leather vest.
- Zombie action figures.
- A Ziploc® bag with coffee (enough to make one pot).
- A ‘gun of the day’ calendar.
- A bag of chips.
- A Christmas ornament with the co-worker’s and spouse’s photos on it.
If you are looking for a holiday gift for yours truly, I was over on perpetualkid.com, and a few items to consider:
- For you cheapskates, there’s this.
- If you insist on being more practical.
- And, if y’all want to chip in, just don’t judge me.
Or, if you haven’t done so already you can just vote for my blog as the top Labor and Employment Law Blog in the ABA Blawg 100.