On Thursday, the Federal Trade Commission proposed a new rule prohibiting employers from imposing noncompetes on their workers. I wrote about it on Friday and spent the weekend reading all 216 pages of the official “Non-Compete Clause Rule Notice of Proposed Rulemaking.” So, let’s discuss it on Zoom today.
Click here to register (https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIkd-mprz0qEtIm-DTX99WbjRzltNA1jIu7) for The Employer Handbook Zoom Happy Hour – EMERGENCY MONDAY EDITION!!! on Monday, January 9, 2023, at 1 pm ET.
I will chat with my partners, Amy Epstein Gluck and Christina Bost Seaton, about the proposed rule. Among other things, we will discuss the following:
- The nuts and bolts of the proposed ban on noncompetes
- The exceptions to the proposed rule and what else isn’t included
- The FTC’s motivations for its proposal
- What might change following the 60-day comment period on the proposal
- Potential legal challenges to a nationwide ban on noncompetes
- What companies should be doing now about noncompetes
Space is limited to 1000 people. Click here to register (https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIkd-mprz0qEtIm-DTX99WbjRzltNA1jIu7).
See you at 1 pm.