On the last episode of The Employer Handbook Zoom Office Hour, we told you that it was only a matter of time before the U.S. Department of Labor issued both guidance and model notices to support the new COBRA premium subsidy under the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.
That time is now.
Yes, the DOL came through. Check it out:
- COBRA Premium Assistance under the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 FAQs
- General COBRA FAQs for Employers
- General COBRA FAQs for Workers
- Model General Notice and COBRA Continuation Coverage Election Notice: MS Word | PDF
- Model Notice in Connection with Extended Election Period: MS Word | PDF
- Model Alternative Notice: MS Word | PDF
- Model Notice of Expiration of Premium Assistance: MS Word | PDF
- Summary of COBRA Premium Assistance Provisions under the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021: MS Word | PDF
- An Employer’s Guide to Health Continuation Coverage Under COBRA
- HHS Information on the American Rescue Plan
- Retirement and Health Care Coverage…Questions and Answers for Dislocated Workers
- An Employee’s Guide to Health Benefits Under COBRA
- Protecting Retirement and Health Care Benefits after Job Loss
Even with all of this additional information, I’ll bet that you will still have questions.
Would you like another Zoom session? Maybe The Employer Handbook Zoom Office Hour Beverages and Benefits edition?
If that’s what you want, email me and let me know. I won’t check your cup. We’re all adults here.
In the meantime, it’s not too late to register for tomorrow’s edition of The Employer Handbook Zoom Office Hour at Noon ET. Joining me will be Meyling “Mey” Ly Ortiz. Mey is Managing Counsel of Employment & Labor at Toyota Motor North America. She and I will be addressing the rise in discrimination against the Asian American and Pacific Islander community. We’re also going to address the power of the mentor/mentee relationship during this pandemic. If those topics pique your interest, you can register for the Zoom by clicking here.