This post has nothing to do with employment law and everything to do with breakfast choices. Thus, with one finger squarely on the pulse of HR-compliance — we’ll get back to that on Monday — and another on the most important meal of the day, I bring you the Meyer breakfast cereal cabinet….ranked!
- Nature Valley Baked Oat Bites (spoiler alert: dead last…I reached for another box and ended up with this)
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Cocoa Puffs
- Honey Nut Cheerios
- Apple Jacks
- Chocolate Chex
- Cocoa Krispies
- Instant Quaker Oats (not pictured)
- Shop Rite Brand Steel Cut Oats (not pictured)
Ok, here we go…
11. Nature Valley Baked Oat Bites – I meant to get the ones with chocolate, but I ended up with these. Awful!
10. Cocoa Krispies – I’m not 7 anymore. Even my 7-year-old won’t touch them. Indeed, I’m pretty sure we’re backing up against the sell-by date on this box.
9. Kix – Kid-tested. Yet, I tested them the other day and regretted it right away. Terrible! Only my 4-year-old will eat them.
8. Chocolate Chex – It’s not that I’m against chocolate-flavored cereals. It’s just that I don’t really like these.
7. Instant Quaker Oats – Bland. Although, when my wife cooks them with brown sugar, all four kids (and dad) will chow down!
6. Shop Rite Brand Steel Cut Oats – Bland, but healthier. But, no one in the Meyer household other than me will touch them.
5. Apple Jacks – Last week, these would have finished in the bottom three. But, on Wednesday I had a bowl. And I got nostalgic.
4. Cocoa Puffs – My kids would rank these #1. For now, they’re number four until my kids inherit The Employer Handbook — they’ll fight each other for it, I’m sure.
3. Cinnamon Toast Crunch – So. Much. Sugar! So. Damn. Good!
2. Honey Nut Cheerios – Healthy. Ok, healthy-ish. And just sweet enough.
1. Life – Because, I’m an adult. But, those little magic squares are fantastic!