Recently, Glassdoor.com poured through thousands of interview questions and posted 50 that come up more often than not.
Here are the Top 10:
1. What are your strengths?
2. What are your weaknesses?
3. Why are you interested in working for [insert company name here]?
4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
5. Why do you want to leave your current company?
6. Why was there a gap in your employment between [insert date] and [insert date]?
7. What can you offer us that someone else can not?
8. What are three things your former manager would like you to improve on?
9. Are you willing to relocate?
10. Are you willing to travel?
Glassdoor also listed 25 additional interview questions that are sure to blow your mind. These five would definitely freak me out:
- “Are you exhaling warm air?” (Asked at Walker Marketing).
- “How do you feel about those jokers at Congress?” (Asked at Consolidated Electrical).
- “You’re in a row boat, which is in a large tank filled with water. You have an anchor on board, which you throw overboard (the chain is long enough so the anchor rests completely on the bottom of the tank). Does the water level in the tank rise or fall?” (Asked at Tesla Motors).
- “Does life fascinate you?” (Asked at Ernst & Young).
- “Just entertain me for five minutes, I’m not going to talk.” (Asked at Acosta).