Ah, it was a good year at the ole Handbook.
Total web traffic was up over fifty percent from 2012. And average time per visit was down over 20%, which is fine by me. I pad my important stats, while discouraging loitering.
And we got our first visitor from Uzbekistan. And the fifth most common search phrase that brought visitors to the site was "Kenny Powers."
(6th was "excuses for missing work" -- yikes!)
And, thankfully, our servers have recovered from the beating you
pervs HR/Lawyer laureates administered on the recent Facebook groping photo post. Yeah, don't worry. A little hair of the dog, and the blog is back in business.
And, to think, that post didn't even make the Top 5 from 2013. Here's what did:
5. "Feeling 'maybe overworked' is not an FMLA 'serious health condition'"
4. "Court holds that anxiety from possibly getting fired is an ADA disability."
3. "New federal bill would expand FMLA to cover part-time employees"
2. "Employee gets fired for tweeting complaints about discrimination"
1. "When a hostile work environment isn't a hostile work environment"
Dudes, thank you for making 2013 a banner year for The Employer Handbook.
Wishing you all a happy and prosperous 2014!